Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Well I am now on vacation and slowly getting the body back into wack with the 15 hour time change.

It was an interesting trip from Daejeon To Denison. Here are a few of the highlights.

1. The airport check in time.

the paper that I downloaded said that I had to be checked in 3 hours before the flight left. Mt plain was to take the 620 KTX to Seoul and then the bus to Incheon Airport. That would have left me short of 3 hours. So I took the 220 am train to Seoul and arrived their at 420 am. the bus to the airport left at 520 so I went to mcd and had a small meal and then waited. I took the bus at 520 and arrived at 620am at the airport.

I then arrived at the gate and saw that the check in time started at 0945. Classic. Oh well At least I was at the airport.

Check in was great and the flight to Japan was uneventful. I spent most of it talking to a Korean Student, who was going to Columbia University for college.

I had a 3 hour layover at the airport and I went on my next mission.

2. Find my Niece, Hello Kitty Items from Japan.

No I have no idea why girls like this cat, My female Korean, Japanese and Chinese students and friends all seem to like this cat. I made sure that my Niece had a lot of materials from Korea with this cat and I went to the airport to find her some items from Japan. i found her some gum a gift box and another small items for her. I had a small dinner and waited to board the plane.

I had finally taken a sleeping pill, because, I can not sleep on airplanes and it worked great. I slept from about the International dateline to Idaho. I could not believe that I slept that much.

3. Landing in DFW.

Once we got close to DFW, I could not believe how much I was recognizing. The landing was ok and I went to check-in in with immigration and got my luggage and met my family at the airport.
My Brother had stated that we could eat at my favorite tex-mex place (Panchos) and we ate at the one in Denton. Yes I had 14 cheese enchiladas. I was feeling great. now my niece had no idea who I was and she kept eyeballing me the entire time during dinner. I also did not know that my nephew had had a g/f for the last 2 years, so I met her also. A day full of surprises.

We all met back in Denison and I proceeded to pass out the late xmas gift. My niece went into overdrive with all of the Hello Kitty items that she got from me. Lucky for me I always pack extra souvenirs from Korea, so my nephews g.f. also got a gift from me. I think she liked it.

4. I am an uncle, once again.

I had told a few of my friends that I had no idea what I would be walking into when I went to see my brother James. Well I went to the house and I learned that he is now on wife #4 and that she has 2 kids. They could not believe how tall I was and that I was now their Step-Uncle. Hopefully I will be able to spend more time with them.

For the last few days, I have not done much, just sitting here in Denison and getting the body used to the 15 hour time change. It has taken a few days but I am finally OK with the change. I will try and get out today and see my Hometown and take a lot of photos.

I hope that everyone in Korea or on Vacation, has a great time.

No comments: