Thursday, November 17, 2011

Movie Reviews: Immortals Jack and Jill

Have you ever had one of those feelings that when you walk into a movie theater that you are going to see a crap film but you can't take your eyes off of it? Welcome to these 2 films that I watched back to back.

I kept seeing the previews of this film called Immortals and it just looked so bad and I couldn't believe that people were saying that this was going to be a great film. I never believed the hype and after the film was over I could not believe that the 3D in this film was that bad and that the 3D in Harold and Kumar was so much better. They sold this as a 300 type of film and after it was over, I couldn't believe that this was a huge miss of a film.

This film fails for the basic reasons, bad acting, bad plot and such an open ended finale of the film that I just left the film with total disgust for everyone involved in this turkey of a film.

Please pass on this film at all cost

Grade: F-

Jack and Jill

Now I have no idea if this film will be a total flop or a huge hit in South Korea due to the main actor wearing female clothing. As we have seen on Korean TV and Movies, the more popular comedians dress in ladies clothing and the Korean audience seem to love it.

The idea of this film is simple enough, Adam Sandler plays both the role of twins Jack and Jill. The main plot is Jack has to try and hire Al Pacino for a Dunkin Doughnuts commercial or his company could go bankrupt. Now Al hates Jack but falls in love with Jill and then they film begins.

What really surprised me about the audience of this film was that every child who was under the age of 13 was laughing at this film and that the majority of the audience that was over 13 left this film with a look that they had wasted their money with this film. When the final payoff of this film was over the kids were laughing and the adults really couldn't believe what they had just seen.

I usually like Adam Sandler's film because they make me laugh. In this film, I didn't laugh much and really felt that this film was ill acted and not written very well for a comedy.

If you have kids then take them to see this film. If you don't, wait until it comes on Catch On or Catch On +, this way you won't have wasted your money on this sub-par comedy.

Grade:D+

No comments: