Monday, August 06, 2007

IMDB Link

Opens in Korea. 2007.08.23

How I saw it. DVD Screener.

Opening weekend in USA. $74,036,787 (USA) (29 July 2007) (3,922 Screens)

Plot. HEAVY SPOILER ALERT

When the first preview came out for this film last year on April fools day, I did not believe it. I finally believed it when I saw a real coming attraction for the movie. This film has had so many rumors that when it finally had an opening day in the USA, it still seemed like a shock.

Now, to be honest, I am a part time watcher of the TV show. I have not really watched it steady for years. This is why I will keep the review spoiler free.

I have no idea why I actually liked this film. It wasn't that funny at times. It seemed too rushed and way too short. But for some reason I was laughing at the right times and when it was funny it was one of the funniest films I have seen this year.

The drawings were first rate and much better animation that I have usually seen on the tv show. The guest voices were a great surprise and definately added to the joy of the film. After the movie is over, please watch all of the credits. The extras during the credits were a bonus for the casual and serious fan of the tv show.

Please see it when it arrives in Korea.

Grade B

Ned Flanders: Look at that, you can see the four states that border Springfield: Ohio, Nevada, Maine, and Kentucky!
Bart Simpson: Oh yeah.

No comments: