Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Summer Preview of 2010 Movie Releases.

What I will give you is the top 10 films that you should see this summer and the 10 that you should avoid at all cost. I will also list the opening dates of the film in Korea. I will also be listing what will be playing at the IMAX cinema this summer also.

The Top 10 films to see this summer.

1. Toy Story 3 (Aug 3, 2010)(IMAX 3D)

I have no idea what will happen in this film but the preview looked awesome and in 3D IMAX, This has all of the hype of being a huge Summer hit.

2. Iron Man 2: The IMAX Experience (April 29, 2010)

As of the time of this writing, it is still unknown if this film will be shown here in Korea in IMAX. Now its time for part 2 of the Tony Stark story and the preview included the "Iron Man" song.

3. Inception- All that I really know about this film is that in involves, Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio and Ken Watanabe. Just on this fact alone, it deserves, at least, one viewing.

4. Shrek Forever After (July 1, 2010) (Imax and 3D)

In what is being called the last Shrek film, can our favorite Ogre once again save the day? once again, This may or may not be shown here in Korea at the Imax.

5. Robin Hood- When I first saw the preview at CGV, I was cheering for Crowes' return to a bad ass hero. I hope that the previews weren't wrong for this film.

6. Grown Ups- Adam Sandler is making a funny movie with his friends. The preview looked awesome but I am not sure if the film will be released in Korea.

7. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (June 30, 2010)-Unless the film really ventures too far away from the book, I really see no way that this film will fail. The preview has all ready had fans wanting the release date to be pushed up to early May.

8. The Expendables- If you look at the cast that this film has, you will never confuse it with a classic Hollywood film. if you want straight mindless action, then this film will be the one summer film for you.

9. Jonah Hex- I have no idea why I have always like the Jonah Hex comic book and I was happy that they decided to make a film about him. I just hope that they get him right.

10. Knight and Day (June 24,2010)- I saw the preview and it looked liked Tom Cruise was trying to be funny and it was working. The preview looked good and hopefully Tom can start a comeback with this role.

The Top 10 films NOT to see this summer.

1. The Karate Kid (2010)- When I heard that Will Smith wanted to remake this film and then have his son, Jaden, star in the film. It was too much to take and then to have Jackie Chan take over for Pat Morita. It just really made me never want to see this film.

2. The A Team (June 10, 2010) I have no idea why Hollywood wants to recast and remake old 80's Television shows into movies. I saw the preview, it looked liked a bad copy of a semi-classic TV show.

3. MacGruber- former SNL player Will Forte returns as MacGruber, a comedic spin on the '80s TV character MacGyver. I have no idea why they made this film but during the preview all I did was cringe and didn't laugh once. This is not good for a comedy movie.

4. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Jake Gyllenhaal as a Prince Of Persia, and I am supposed to believe this because why? The preview looked awful and I never bought into Jake being suited for this role.

5. The Last Airbender. A few years ago I might have really recommend this film. When I saw that it was M. Night Shyamalan directed, I begin to wonder how the film will be destroyed. Lately his films have been horrible and he will have to prove himself before I even give him a pass again.

6. Predators- Now lets remake the Predator films and lets try and give them a new spin. I really, once again, have no idea why they decided to remake this film. Robert Rodriguez, you should have known better.

7. The Sorcerer's Apprentice- So Disney is now making a live action film based on Mickey Mouses' cartoon from the 1940 film, Fantasia? Has Hollywood truly run out of new ideas?

8. Beastly- A new 'Beauty and the Beast" tale told to us by CBS Films. The trailer made me never want to see the film and it looked like a really expensive ABC after school special.

9. Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore- I saw the title and then I watched the preview and just shook my head in disbelief. If this film bombs, the person who green lighted it, should be fired.

10. Step Up 3-D. If you are asking yourself why this film series keeps on going, its very simple. The films are cheap to make and they return a nice profit. I will pass on the 3-D and on this film.

No comments: