Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This is what I said about this film earlier with my top films of the year list.



#9 BEST FILM OF THE YEAR..

In my country, the USA, I have seen sports films talk about why men or teams are heroes ,Miracle, how they handle trouble, We Are Marshall and some even how they handle the death that will soon become them, as in The Pride of the Yankees.

In this film we are shown a young man, Michael Oher (played by Quinton Aaron) has been in foster care with many foster parents. But he is given a chance in a private school and is noticed by one of the students mothers, Leigh Anne Tuohy. For some reason, she offers to help Michael and the family soon adopts him. You see how a strong mother figure turns the boy into a first round draft choice of the Baltimore Ravens. For her performance, Sandra Bullock won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama and later the Academy Award for Best Actress.

I really thought very highly of this film, so much that I purchased this film the first day it came out on Blu-ray disc. What I really liked about it was the fact that
the film let Sandra be herself and she ran with it. If you have read the book then you'll notice how much of this film was given to Sandra's character and how much was taken from Tim McGraw's character Sean Tuohy.

Overall if you are looking for a good film to see this week then please see this one. I think that you'll like it.

Grade: A+

Leigh Anne Touhy: Michael, I want you to have a good time but if you get a girl pregnant out of wedlock, I will crawl into the car, drive up to Oxford and cut off your penis.
S.J. Tuohy: She's not kidding.

No comments: