Friday, February 08, 2008

The last part of the 2007 review is a category that I call "WTF!" These are films that are so bad and have so many problems that they should have never been made in the first place. In this list I start from #1 and work my way down.

1. Daddy Day Camp

They decided to go ahead with with the sequel without Eddie Murphy. It should have gone straight to video.It went straight to #1 on my WTF! list.

2. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

I hated the first film and now I hate the second one. Why was this made, it was a joke and an insult to movie goers around the world.

3. Norbit

When Eddie Murphy is funny, its a great film. When Eddie is not funny, we are given this. It is on many critics worst film of the years list.

4. Who's Your Caddy?

As of the time of this writing this film is #3 on the bottom 100 at IMDB. It was trying to be a "Black Caddyshack" What we got was a really bad film.

5. Underdog

In what should have been a cartoon movie; Instead we are given a live action CGI joke of a superdog. A childhood cartoon favorite was destroyed by this joke of a film.

6. Good Luck Chuck

Well it sounded nice. Jessica Alba in a love story. Well the only love shown was when this film was over.

7. The Brave One

A female death wish? Well I have no idea what this film was. I know was it wasn't, a good film.

8. Hot Rod

Well Andy Samberg made me laugh on SNL, shame he couldn't do it in this movie.

9. The Invasion

This was not a good year for Nicole Kidman, The Golden Compass and then this. I still have no idea why this script and directors changed so much.

10. Kickin It Old Skool

When will the one-trick pony of Jamie Kennedy finally be over? This film will insult your intelligence and deserves to never be seen again.

11. Hatsuyuki no koi: Virgin snow (Korea-Japan)

I did like of the idea of Korea and Japan working together to make A film. If this is the result, PLEASE STOP NOW.

12. Surf's Up

A bad mockumentry that got nominated for Best Animated Feature Film of the Year. I still have no idea why this film was made, not to mention nominated.

13. Wristcutters: A Love Story

What a really bad film about suicide and its effects on the afterlife. What a wasted opportunity this film was.

14. Mi-nyeo-neun Goi-ro-wa 200 Pounds Beauty (Korean)

Listed because it did most of its business in 2007. So plastic surgery is the answer? I found it a very weird story and a crappy ending. Please no more plastic surgery films.

15. Kwon-soon-boon Yeo-ja Nab-chi-sa-geon Mission Possible: Kidnapping Granny K (Korean)

The fact that I actually paid to watch this film at CGV is what upset me about this film. Once again, the unoriginal Korean Drama/Comedy, with every move telegraphed and by the end, I just wanted to erase this film from my mind.

16. No Reservations

A remake of 2001 German Film, Bella Martha. It should have never been remade in the first place. A huge waste of space and once again I paid to see this.

17. Primeval

Go to jungle and kill a legendary 25-foot crocodile. Then make warlord mad and he wants to kill you. It started out bad and ended up worse.

18. The Comebacks

A really bad attempt of humor. It tries to spoof the humor on you. Sad to say but "No Spoof for you."

19. The Perfect Holiday

A perfect holiday, no. A perfect mess, yes. It was bad and what surprised me was that some people actually liked this film.

20. Next

I really thought the movie was a bad "24" show. It was just a bad movie.

21. The Nanny Diaries

I thought it was really bad that there are parents actually like this. Then the filmw as just as bad.

22. Delta Farce

I really like the humor of "Larry-The Cable Guy". Thats why this film was so hard to watch. It should have been funny. Sad to say, it wasn't.

23. Ira and Abby

The film just never worked for me. It should have been a nice film and a lot of critics seem to like this one.

24. 12 (Russia)

This film has been nominated for Best Foreign Language Film of the Year and I have no idea why. I loved the original 12 Angry Men and this just never worked for me. The subplots in this film were awful. I still can not believe that this film was nominated for Best Foreign and Persepolis and 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days were not.

25. Resident Evil: Extinction

Will this film series ever end? It just keeps trucking on and slowly getting worse.


Thats all for 2007. I have no idea what film I will pick for #1 in any of the categories. Thanks for the time of reading it.

No comments: