Monday, March 23, 2009

Well, it has been awhile since I have done any personal blogging. I think that I just wanted to catch up from my vacation and the first month back into the new semester.

I could not believe what a great vacation I had back home. It was nice to see the family and to see my nephews and nieces start to grow up. I still can not believe that Josh has had a girlfriend for 2 years and no one bother to tell me.

I also got to meet my brothers new wife, (this one is #4) I like this one. She has 2 kids and we got along.

Now the trip back to Korea was interesting.

I found out that the printer I had bought at Fry's could have been shipped back to Korea as a 2nd bag. (So the next time, I will do that) I will also try and get the right departure gate. I had the wrong one from AA. But I managed to get to the right gate and checked in ok.

I flew from Dallas-LA-Tokyo-Seoul. I left Denison Texas at 0400 24 Feb 2009 and Arrived back in Daejeon South Korea at 0130 26 Feb 2009. When i hit LA, I found a copy of the LA Times and had a quick dinner at Chilli's. It was nice to have a meal and just to relax for a while.

I was able to get a good sea and flew from LA to Tokyo. Not much really happened here, I could not get to sleep and I was able to cat nap maybe 1 hours sleep and the movies were just not that interesting. So I just listened to the radio and took it easy.

Now I did not have much time in Tokyo Airport, so I had to re-checked thought their customs and went to get a quick bite of food. by the time I was done the plane To Seoul was getting crowded.

Then i caught a break, I had been upgraded to business class. I could not believe it. The chair had a massage button and it really felt good and I re-watched Mamma Mia. I also saw a fellow teacher on the plane and when i yelled her name, she couldn't believe that it was me.

The flight on Business class from Tokyo to Seoul was great. The legroom and a small meal just topped a great fight. I knew that I had to go fast from Incheon to the train station so I took off, I saw the fellow teacher and she had told me that her b/f had bus tickets to Daejeon. (I did not know that their were any late buses back to Daejeon), So I got through customs first and went to her b.f and said, I love you sweetie, thanks for coming to get me." The look on his face was priceless. I told him that she was a few moments behind me. He told me where to get the bus tickets and I was able to leave at 1010.

I actually got about 1 hour sleep on the bus. I took a cab from Dong-Gu bus terminal to my apartment and went to line and emailed my family that I was back in Korea. I got a few hours sleep and it took me a few days to readjust to everything.

The cable TV did an upgrade, I have more channels and I like it.

I went back to the office on Thursday and found my schedule, saw old faces and slowly started up for the new semester.

I have classes on all 5 days now and I have 6 office hours now. I have been made an IDT for the TEI (Tourism English Instruction). I have no idea what they want me to do.

So far the semester is ok, I have the first test ready to go and will give the students there first exam this week.

____________________________________________________________________________________



Now for what else is going on around me here in Daejeon.

Last week, I went to Church near subway stop 108, I like it and I have been back to it. I was hungry and decided to eat at outback in old downtown. I has just started when I saw a familiar face. I yelled, "Brad what are you doing here?" It was the Hanwha Eagles (Korean Baseball Team) reliever that I met last year. He couldn't believe that I was here also.

(Now for the reason I was surprised to see Brad at Outback, Is that Brad is from Australia and Outback is a fake Aussie chain that is somewhat popular in the USA. I have known a few Aussie that actually hate it and will never set foot in it. I was surprised to see an Aussie in a fake Aussie Place."

We talked awhile about baseball and the WBC.

I told him that the WBC was intresting this reason for me, I know you and you were pitching for the Australia team, I have seen 23 out of the 25 players on Korea team play at Hanabat Stadium (Where the Hanwha Eagles Play). I am an American, So I will cheer for the USA team.

I have been to a few games and so far and the spring training games have been ok. I have faith in the Eagles but Lotte and SK look good.

____________________________________________________________________

Well this is just a short upddate on whats going on here in Korea.

No comments: