Monday, July 26, 2010

Movie Review: The Sorcerer’s Apprentice (2010)

A few months ago, I stated in my Summer preview list, I wrote this..

7. The Sorcerer’s Apprentice- (July 21, 2010) So Disney is now making a live action film based on Mickey Mouses’ cartoon from the 1940 film, Fantasia? Has Hollywood truly run out of new ideas?

After watching this film, my guess was correct.



I really have no idea why they decided to try and make a classic Mickey Mouse cartoon into a summer movie. I kept waiting for a live action mickey or a 3D cartoon of him to enter this film and try and save it.

You will see a moment in the film when they actually try to recreate the classic cartoon and I just groaned out loud. I really could not believe that Disney would try and trash its legacy with a hope of a new film franchise.

After the film was over I waited to see if there was an extra part of the film and when you see what they tried to do, it left me very flat and shaking my head wondering why I wasted my time and $$ on this film?

Please pass on this film at all cost.

Grade F

No comments: