Saturday, July 03, 2010

Movie Review: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse



Twilight 3 is now here and if you liked the first 2 then you should love this one. If you hated the first 2 then I can really see no reason for you wasting your time on the third one.

The film basically is all about the wrath of Victoria and the ongoing love triangle between Bella Swan, Jacob Black and Edward Cullen. If you are really expecting anything more than that then please stop reading the review, go see the movie and you will see that I was right.

Thomas Moore once stated that, "Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." I kept thinking about that the entire time I was watching this film. I had never read any of the books but even I could tell exactly what was coming next. So if you can to, it really shouldn't shock you.

One of the things that I really liked about this film was 2 of the vampires back stories that were shown. We are shown the 2 before and aftermath vampire stories of Jasper Hale and Rosalie Hale. I really thought that f they had focused more on this and less on the love triangle that the film could have been a lot better then it actually was.

The films script will definitely have its moments that you just want to groan out load because it’s that bad but in the end if you want to see at least a good entertaining two hours at the movies, then this film will not be a waste of time. Just take it for what it is, another triangle love story, which at the end finally gets resolved.

Grade B-

Edward Cullen: I know the consequences of the choices you're making. After a few decades, everyone you know will be dead.

No comments: