Friday, December 09, 2005

O'Reilly Urges News Media To Avoid Criticizing U.S. War Moves
Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly suggested Tuesday that American TV news outlets refrain from airing reports that would depict the U.S. unfavorably as it carries out its war against terrorism. Referring to an ABC News report that the CIA had moved detainees out of secret prisons in Europe prior to the arrival there of Secretary of State Rice, O'Reilly remarked, "I would not have reported what ABC News reported. I would not have done it. I did not put Abu Ghraib pictures on this broadcast, the only television journalist not to do so. I do feel that the press has a responsibility to help the government in the war on terror." O'Reilly's comments came during his interview with former Army intelligence officer Ralph Peters, author of New Glory: Expanding America's Global Supremacy, who said that reports like ABC's "are putting our programs at risk. ... But worst of all, Bill, it's killing American soldiers."

I can understand hating the President of the USA but when you put my friends lives in danger I do become upset. This is one of the reasons I hate the majority of the USA media.

No comments: