Saturday, September 06, 2008



Have you even had a bad feeling about a film and when it was over, you were so glad that the feeling was wrong? Well I loved Mamma Mia! and I hope that you will also.

Now, I had heard of the musical "Mamma Mia" and I knew that it had been a huge world-wide hit and that it has done very well in Korea. I knew next to nothing about the film. I knew about the stars and I knew that it has a lot of ABBBA songs in the musical. I really had no idea if I would like the film.

The film talks about a single mother watching her daughter fall in love and now its the day before her wedding day and she is scarred for her. Her daughter has always wondered about her father and by a chance of finding her mothers old diary she has narrowed her father search to 3 men. Meryl Streep heads the cast of the film, playing the role of single mother Donna Sheridan. Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, and Stellan SkarsgÄrd play the three potential fathers to Donna's daughter Sophie (Amanda Seyfried).

Now their has been some serious bad reviews of this film and I will ask that you ignore those and go see the film with someone that you love. The film talks of love lost and love found and all with the songs of ABBA intertwined to make a good film into a great one.

So, please go and see the movie with someone that you care for and please stay for the credits. It was well worth the extra time.

Grade A.

Sophie: Do you feel like I'm letting you down?
Donna: Why would you say that?
Sophie: All the stuff that you've done, the Dynamos, raising a kid, running a business single handedly...
Donna: Honey, I didn't have a choice. I couldn't go home. When I was pregnant, my mother told me not to even bother coming back. And I wouldn't have had it any other way, God, look at all the stuff we've done!

Opened in Korea on 4 September 2008

How I saw it. CGV Theater.

Opening weekend in the USA. $27,751,240 (USA) (20 July 2008) (2,976 Screens)

No comments: