Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Movie Review: Shrek Forever After



I had really high hopes for this film. I named this the #4 film to see this summer season. After seeing this film, I am so glad that Dreamworks has stated that this is the final Shrek film. After this one, I really doubt that I would want to see another one in this series.

I had hoped that this film would try and establish Shrek's back story or bring Donkey's story or maybe more details about Fiona out. Instead we are given an angry Shrek that has a mid life crisis and this is the basis of the final act of Shrek?

I would love to ask the person who gave the "Go" order for this script to be made into the final film one simple question, why did you make this bad of a film? The story was very uneven and really showed no originally and missed every given opportunity to turn a so- so film into a great one. The film brings up many questions and fails to answer the majority of them.

Instead of watching a "Shrek" film, I felt like I was watching a very bad episode of 90210. This film fails to impress and should not be seen in IMAX or in 3D anytime in the immediate future.

Please pass on this Shrek and put it out of its misery.

Grade: F

No comments: