Monday, October 29, 2007

American Gangster IMDB LINK

Opens in Korea. December 27 2007

How I saw it. Leaked DVD Screener.

Plot. huge spoiler alerts

Before I review the film, I would like to ask a question? Is someone trying to destroy this films Box Office total. My copy of the film was excellent and I would like to know why, was I in Korea, able to obtain a darn near perfect copy of this film?

I have been waiting for this film for awhile, so when I had the chance to get a perfect DVD screener, I took it.

There has always been a very fine line from what makes a good movie into a great one and sad to say this film it was very easy to see what was keeping this film from becoming a GREAT ONE. The film suffers from a very bad edit and had a lot of unnecessary plots that could have easily been removed.

Now for the 2 things that were right about this film, Denzel Washington as Frank Lucas and Russell Crowe as Richie Roberts. When these 2 actors are on their game the film shows its strength's. It was awesome to notice the little mistakes that Lucas made that eventually leads to the ending of the film. It was great to see Crowe play a honest cop who finds over $900,000 and return it to the NYPD.

The film is good and is definately worth the price of a ticket. It was just frustrating to know that this could have been a great film and it just misses that by a bad edit.

Grade B+

Frank Lucas: It don't mean nothing to me for you to show up tomorrow morning with your head blown off.
Detective Richie Roberts: Get in line. That one stretches around the block.

No comments: