Monday, August 11, 2008



I should have really liked this moved. I have a great collection of Pixar films and I am usually their on the first day to see their latest films.I really should have liked this movie. Sad thing is though, I did not, For the first time, I actually hated a Pixar film. WALL·E is a miss and a huge mess of a film.

What would happen if Wal-Mart took over the world? What else would happen to the planet if Wal-Mart killed all of the trees on the planet? Would you believe a robot would save all of the humans? If you can actually follow this inane plot, then you might actually like this film. To me it just did not work.

When you do see the "love" in this film, I kept thinking, "You have got to be kidding me." This is the basis of this film? To me it just never worked. Whatever magic they had in their prior films, just fails to resonate here with me.

The only two times I was actually happy with this film was the small cartoon, "Presto", at the beginning of the film and the end of this film. I could not believe that the film was about robots in love and that Wal-Mart is evil and will destroy the planet.

Please pass on Wall.E.

Grade. D-

Captain: This is called farming! You kids are gonna grow all sorts of things! Vegetable plants, pizza plants... it's good to be home

How I saw it. CGV Theater.

Opened in Korea. 6 August 2008

Opening Week in the USA. $63,087,526 (USA) (29 June 2008) (3,992 Screens)

No comments: