Saturday, August 07, 2010

Movie Review: Death at a Funeral (2010 film)



When I first heard that a USA remake of the 2007 film, I really could not believe it and when it was released I refused to watch it because of the recent failures of US remakes. I thought that the original was flat out hilarious and I saw no way that the American could do this film justice. I am so glad that I decided to see this film.

I saw that the film was on and I had no real plans so I decided to watch the film. I just started to laugh and through out the entire film, I was laughing and some of what I was laughing at, I would have never had laughed at a real funeral. The more I watched the film the more I laughed.

I really could not believe that the US remake was actually funnier than the original film.

The star of this film is James Marsden. In this film he plays Oscar and when he is accidentally given acid instead of Valium, his acting makes this comedy into a great one. His quote of "Everything is so green" really had me laughing.

The other star of this film, I found to be Danny Glover. He plays Uncle Russell in this film and he is used as a transitional actor that helps along the main plots stories and at the end of the film his quote of, "Everything is so fucking green" has me laughing.

When the film comes to Korea at the cinema or on DVD please give it a chance. You might be glad that you did.

Grade: A

Aaron: Let me get this straight: our father was romantically involved with a guy that could fit in his pocket, and you're mad because he's white.

No comments: