Sunday, June 15, 2008

I am sure that there was a message to the film, The Happening but after seeing the film, darned if I know what the frak it is.

HEAVY SPOILER ALERT REVIEW..........................................................

So the film is telling us that plants will one day see humans as a threat and release chemicals that will make people kill themselves? It will take someone a lot smarter than em to explain this one to me,I just never could grasp that concept.

I have no idea what is going wrong with M. Night Shyamalan. Maybe, he peaked too early. But with this being his 3rd disappointment in a row, one could really ask should he ever direct a film and as a movie going audience, should we give him another chance?

END SPOILER ALERT....................................................................

After I left the theater, I kept thinking, "I saw a good film in there but what a mess of the editing." I had earlier seen a interview of the director, M. Night Shyamalan, being giddy about this being his first "R" rated film. I wonder what in the heck was the "R" for? Somewhere in this film, their is a good movie. I could not find it.

A huge disappointment for all of those involved. What should have been a horror film turns into an evil Al Gore Documentary.

Grade C-

Opened in Korea 13 June 2008

How I saw it. CGV Theater.

Extra scene st the end. No

No comments: